Compared to "Play Dead," teaching your dog to Shake is a walk in the park. If you've been having trouble with the other tricks here, focus on the Shake for a while as most dogs pick it up quickly.
1. Get a treat your dog will like. Let the dog see it in your palm, then close your hand over it.
2. Hold your fist out to your dog. This step may take a while. You need to wait until your dog goes to paw at your hand. It might happen straight away, or it could take a few minutes. Just hang out until she naturally puts her paw out and touches your hand.
3. When her paw hits your hand, click and reward her with the treat.
4. Once she starts to make a connection between his paw touching your hand and getting a treat, start extending the time. Make her hold her paw against your hand for longer before she gets the reward.
5. Now it gets a little tricky. Start hiding the treat behind your back in one hand, and holding out the other hand with the palm open towards your dog.
6. Give the "Shake" command.
7. With a bit of luck, she'll get it quickly and put her paw in your open hand, at which point you can click and reward. If she doesn't, work on the steps above a little more and then try again with the open hand.