If you make a purchase via a link on this site, I may receive a small commission, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See the Disclosure page
for more information. Thank you!
Decent Food For Aussies?
by Leann M.
(Dallas/Fort Worth, USA)
Josie & Gambol
My husband and I have tried many different, high-quality brands of dog food for our 2 Aussies, but no matter what we try, they seem to always get an upset stomach. Yes, they get treats, but not every day, and we make sure they are small & we don't give too many at one time.
Their "upset tummy" issues include: diarrhea, spitting up stomach juice, vomiting, eating grass, gas and sometimes being lethargic.
Here are the different foods we've tried:
- Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Whole Earth Farms Grain-Free Hearty Beef Stew Canned Dog Food
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Instinct by Nature's Variety Raw Boost Grain-Free Chicken Meal Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Orijen Original Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Lamb & Brown Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets Sweet Potato & Venison Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Hill's Science Diet Adult Perfect Weight Dry Dog Food
- Purina Pro Plan Focus Sensitive Skin & Stomach Adult Dry Dog Food
We have also tried Purina's probiotic when their tummies are really upset, but it's kind of pricey. The dogs are on Purina Pro Plan Focus Sensitive Skin & Stomach Adult Dry Dog Food right now. They seem to like it, but they seem to eat grass a lot with this food and always seem hungry. Any suggestions for my sensitive-stomach pups?