Help Me With My Aussie! Many Questions
I have many questions about Australian Shepherds
1) How do you help turn off the Aussie's instinct to herd, herd, and HERD some more? I don't mind the dog wanting to herd but I don't like the fact that it would be nipping at everyone's feet and chasing my other dogs around the house.
2) What is the best way to train a puppy. What commands should I start with, how long should the training intervals be, what age should I start, etc.
3) How should I introduce my Aussie to agility.
4) Can the Aussie start jumping when its a puppy or should it wait tell at least a year and a half?
5) If I socialize my Aussie when its young, will it still be aggressive?
6) If I get an Aussie puppy would it be fine if I leave at home 8 hours Monday -Friday when I go to school. Remember I have summer off, weekends, and random days through out the year. I'm also willing to go on morning jogs for about 30 mins. Put treats all over the house and more mind stimulations for the pet. After school I'm going to be working on frisbee, agility, running the dog, and just playing with it.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP :) It means alot. I know I have a ton of questions but please help me out. Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks!
Note from Anton: Information about Australian Shepherd Training here.