FTC Affiliate Disclosure
—Many of the products and services we advertise and recommend on this site provide us with an affiliate commission for referrals and we use affiliate links in banner ads and text links throughout this site, including on this page. What is an affiliate link?
For more information see our Disclosure
Is An Aussie Right For Me?
I am 12 years old and considering getting an Aussie next summer. My parents are open to the idea but have a few concerns. I agree with their concerns and have a few of my own. I would like to get the opinion of people with first-hand knowledge.
1. How would my current dog react? (she would be 3 1/2 on the proposed date for an Aussie)
2. What about college? Would my parents be stuck with my dog during college, or would I have to find an Aussie-friendly place?
3. Would I have the time for an Aussie? I currently have about 1-1 1/2 hours of homework, and 7 hours in school, plus about 1/2 an hour of chores.
4. I would get the puppy during the summer, so I could be with it all day for 2 months, but then who would watch the puppy?
5. I've looked at breeders near me, but most of them are 5+ hours away. Do you know any good breeders near northern Virginia?