FYI: If you buy something through a link on this site, I may earn a commission and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases—at NO extra cost to you.
Is An Aussie Right For Me?
I am 12 years old and considering getting an Aussie next summer. My parents are open to the idea but have a few concerns. I agree with their concerns and have a few of my own. I would like to get the opinion of people with first-hand knowledge.
1. How would my current dog react? (she would be 3 1/2 on the proposed date for an Aussie)
2. What about college? Would my parents be stuck with my dog during college, or would I have to find an Aussie-friendly place?
3. Would I have the time for an Aussie? I currently have about 1-1 1/2 hours of homework, and 7 hours in school, plus about 1/2 an hour of chores.
4. I would get the puppy during the summer, so I could be with it all day for 2 months, but then who would watch the puppy?
5. I've looked at breeders near me, but most of them are 5+ hours away. Do you know any good breeders near northern Virginia?