If you make a purchase via a link on this site, I may receive a small commission, and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See the Disclosure page
for more information. Thank you!
Is The Australian Shepherd The Right Dog For Me?
I have been looking into getting an Australian Shepherd but have some concerns about whether or not this would be a good dog for me. My biggest concerns are me being gone for work during the day (8hrs), living in an apartment and if the amount of exercise I can give the dog will be enough. I made a list of what I can provide for the dog and would love input from current owners!
- medium sized apartment
- no yard but dog park less than 1 block away
- I am gone 8 hrs a day during weekdays for work but will be able to spend most of my time with the dog on weekends and weeknights
- go for 3-5 mile runs with me before I leave for work
- Bikejoring/skijoring (dog helps pull you when you are biking or cross country skiing) depending on the season after work and on weekends
- hiking and camping on various weekends
- advanced obedience
- the skijor and bikejor training
- many tricks
Getting An Australian Shepherd? Get The Guide... Australian Shepherd Lover's Guide To Australian Shepherd Training & Care