What To Do About Seizures?
by Ashley Elizabeth
Hello, I have a 3 year old toy Aussie about 10 lbs and he has been having more seizures as he has been getting older. What should I do as far as when it happens. How should I hold him, he grows terrified and all I know to do is remain calm and keep him from overly shaking so he wont hurt himself.
- how should I handle it when it happens (hold him down)?
- is there something I can do to prevent it?
- does he need to be on medication?
- can foods trigger it?
- what are things to stay away from to not trigger the seizure (foods, activities, etc.)
- how long after the seizure should I let him go back to his normal ways like jumping running playing
- he's very clumsy, is this the cause sometimes when he falls off the bed or knocks his head into the wall?
- does him being frightened like going to the groomer trigger the attack?
Please help me it scares me to death when this happens.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Australian Shepherd Q & A.